If you’re looking to start selling B2B wholesale online, you’re in luck. In order to be successful in eCommerce, it’s important to understand the basics of how wholesale works and how to find products that will sell well. In this article, we will cover a few ways to market your business and create a B2B wholesale online store.
So whether you’re a new entrepreneur or just looking for some helpful advice, read on for everything you need to know about selling B2B wholesale online.
What is B2B Wholesale?
Bulk buying and selling between businesses is known as business-to-business (B2B) wholesale. This type of commerce is typically conducted between a manufacturer or distributor and a retailer.
The wholesale process is often much cheaper than retail shopping because businesses can buy large quantities of products at once and take advantage of discounts offered by manufacturers.
What kind of businesses participate in B2B Wholesale transactions?
There are many different types of businesses that participate in B2B transactions, but the most common are:
- Manufacturers: These are the companies that create or manufacture products that they can further sell to distributors or retailers in bulk quantities.
- Distributors: These are typically the mediators between multiple manufacturers and retailers. They buy products from manufacturers and sell them to retailers in return for desired profit margins made on each order value. They often have warehouses where they store inventory and ship orders to customers.
- Retailers: These types of businesses buy products directly from distributors or manufacturers and sell them to consumers.
Benefits of selling B2B wholesale online
There are many benefits to selling B to B wholesale online, including:
- Increased reach: When you sell online, you can reach a wide range of audiences or customers from different geographies. This is especially beneficial if you’re a small business or just starting out.
- Lower costs: Selling online can be cheaper than setting up a brick-and-mortar store, and you’ll save on overhead expenses like rent and utilities.
- More control: When you sell online, you’ll have more control over your inventory, pricing, and marketing. You’ll also be able to track data and analytics to see what’s working and what’s not.
Drawbacks of selling B2B wholesale online
Of course, there are also some drawbacks to selling B to B wholesale online, including:
- Less personal interaction: When you sell online, you won’t have the same opportunity to build relationships with your customers. This can be a downside if you’re selling products that require customer service or support.
- Requires a robust online store: In order to sell online to wholesale buyers, you will need to have a wholesale store that has all the required functionalities such as wholesale shipping, wholesale checkouts, customer order forms, wholesale account creations, etc. If you don’t have the time or resources to create a professional ecommerce store, it may be best to stick with brick-and-mortar selling.
- Can be challenging to stand out: With so many businesses selling online, it can be tough to make your eCommerce store stand out from the crowd. You’ll need to invest time and energy into marketing and promotion to ensure that your business is visible to potential customers.
Tips for selling B2B wholesale online
Now that you know the basics of selling B to B wholesale online, here are a few tips to help you get started:
#1 Do your research
Before you start selling, it’s important to do research on market trends, geographical opportunities, business models, and financial capital requirements. This will help you discover products that are in demand and price them correctly in order to quickly sell them to retail and B2B wholesale customers.
#2 Find a niche
If you already have an offline business that is selling products to just local customers that it is okay to just start with an online store and start selling them online. But, if you’re just starting out or looking to procure or manufacture products and want to sell them on an online platform then you should find a specific niche of products that would be more profitable if you sell them in bulk quantities. Just make sure you decide to sell products that are unique and are not readily available in the market. This will make it easy for you to stand out from the competition.
#3 Choose an e-commerce platform
As we mentioned before, in order to sell wholesale products online, you need to have a proper wholesale store setup where you can invite B2B buyers to sign up and order from your store. Building a B2B wholesale store is a bit difficult for professionals that don’t have enough technical knowledge. Though, one can do it by creating their B2B wholesale store on e-commerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce Magento, Prestashop, etc. For example, choose Magento as your business platform. You will have more time for your business, and experts will help you handle all related issues like Magento support and maintenance. OR choose Shopify for wholesale if you’re looking for a more personalized experience and third-party apps.
#4 Invest in marketing
Once you have a working B2B online store, you should think about attracting some potential customers to your store and encouraging them to purchase your products. This can be achieved by marketing your store on the Internet using different marketing techniques such as social media marketing, search engine optimization, email marketing, paid ads on Google or Facebook, having a blog section on your store for organic reach and more.
#5 Offer incentives or discounts on wholesale products:
Offering discounts along with some marketing efforts for your B2B wholesale store will not only attract more customers but also retain them for a longer period for you might probably get more repeat orders in the future.
You can offer incentives or discounts such as volume discounts, minimum order value discounts, free shipping after the minimum total order amount, festival or holiday discounts, promotional offers and much more.
#6 Offer excellent customer service
Even though you won’t be face-to-face with your customers, it’s still important to offer excellent customer service. This includes responding to questions and concerns in a timely manner, as well as providing helpful information about your products.
Selling B2B wholesale online can be a great way to reach a global audience of potential customers and lower your overhead costs. However, it’s important to do your research and invest in marketing in order to succeed. With these tips in mind, you’ll be on your way to eCommerce success. Happy Wholesaling! 🙂
For more information see more here.