Parallel lines are considered to be the lines that will never intersect or meet each other at any point in time in the plane. These are always considered to be parallel and will be equidistant from each other. The parallel lines are also known as the non-intersecting lines and one can also claim that these lines will be meeting each other at infinity. Whenever the transversal will be intersecting any two parallel lines it will be forming different kinds of angles and some of those are explained as follows:
- Alternate interior angles
- Alternate exterior angles
- Vertically opposite angles
- Linear pair
- Corresponding angles and several other kinds of other categories as well
If two lines are intersecting each other at a point in the plane they will be known as intersecting lines and if they will be meeting each other at 90° they will be known as perpendicular lines.
Any two lines are always had to be parallel whenever they will do not meet each other at a point in the plane and lines which do not have a common intersection point will never cross paths with each other or parallel to each other. The symbol for showing parallel lines is also a specific one and is ||.
Lines can always fall into two categories either they will be parallel or they will be intersecting. Whenever two lines will be meeting a particular point of plane they will be known as intersecting lines and if a line intersects two or more lines at distinct points that it will be known as the transversal case. Transversal whenever will be closing the parallel lines will be leading to the formation of different kinds of angles as explained above.
Following are the most important properties of the parallel lines which the kids need to be clear about so that there is no confusion element in their minds:
- The corresponding angles will always be equal
- Vertical angles or vertically opposite angles will also be equal
- Alternate interior angles will be equal in the whole process
- Alternate exterior angles will be equal
- Pair of interior angles on the same side of the transversal will be supplementary
- The kids also need to be clear about different kinds of theorems in this particular area so that there is no problem at any point in time and they can solve the questions very professionally. Being clear about the corresponding angle theorem is very much important and further being clear about the converse of this particular theorem is important because it is also true in the cases of parallel lines.
- One will also need to be very much clear about the other forms which will be based upon intersecting lines and will very well justify that interior angles on the same side of the transversal will be supplementary. The converse of this particular theorem will also be valid and will be justifying that if the pair of interior angles are supplementary then the given lines will be parallel to each other.
There are several kinds of related areas of the application of parallel lines for example railroads, two lines which are meant for the wheels of the train to travel along and several other kinds of things. Hence, being clear about all these kinds of technical points is very much important in the cases of parallel lines so that overall goals are easily achieved and there is no problem at any point in time.
Apart from this kids also need to depend upon platforms like Cuemath so that they have a good command over the entire thing and other concepts associated with geometry which will allow them to score well in the mathematics exam without any kind of problem. In this particular system, people can very easily depend upon experts of the industry so that there is no problem at any point time in the best part is that query solving exercises will be perfectly undertaken by them to ensure success.