5 Best Career Options after AWS Certifications
Cloud computing has become one of the hottest topics in technology today. It is a way to provide services over the Internet instead of on your computer. The cloud can be used for many different things, including storing data and providing applications that run on it. Amazon Web Services are the leading cloud providers globally, leading to significant demand in the enrolment of their AWS Certification in Riyadh. For in-depth details on this topic, check AWS Tutorial.
An AWS certification is a great way to prove your expertise in the cloud computing space. It is also an excellent stepping stone for career advancement, as many companies are looking for candidates with experience in the cloud. The following post will help you decide what AWS certification path would be best for you after taking the course.
1. AWS Cloud Architect
This is one of the most sought-after roles in the IT industry today. It requires extensive knowledge and experience in designing, implementing, and managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting cloud computing solutions for businesses. You will build new applications or services that run on Amazon Web Services for your company. The job responsibilities include:
• Designing and creating architecture blueprints and design documents
• Working closely with developers to understand their needs and requirements
• Implementing solutions using tools such as AWS Management Console, APIs, SDKs, and CLI.
• Monitoring and troubleshooting systems and network performance
• Maintaining security policies and procedures
• Recommending hardware and software solutions for company project
• Updating cloud data and keeping it safe from breaches
To attain the certification, you need to enrol in AWS approved training program and pass the AWS Solutions Architect– Associate exam. The pass mark for this course is 720 out of the possible 1000.
2. AWS Solutions Engineer
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and earn a handsome salary, then this is your dream job. The role revolves around creating and maintaining AWS Global cloud infrastructure for the smooth running of apps. These include production, test, and live environments.
In this AWS Certification path, you will be working on AWS products like EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, SQS, IAM, CodeDeploy, API Gateway, Lambda, Kinesis Firehose, Elastic Beanstalk, DynamoDB, and more. You will also need to know about other AWS services like VPC, VPN gateway, load balancer, and Auto Scaling Group.
• Building, managing, and releasing configuration of production systems
• Implementation of scalability of software services
• Create and implement continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) as deemed fit.
• Provide recommendations for architectural improvements
• Troubleshoot and offer solutions to platform or application domains
• Supervise the production and testing of company products and services
• Regularly updating vendor products to conform with new technologies
Pursuing this course requires a solid background in computer science or a software-related bachelor’s degree with several years of experience. The pass rate for the exam is 750 points.
3. AWS Certified Developer
An AWS certified developer is another highly paid career option. You will be required to take up hands-on projects which involve developing web applications, mobile app, databases, serverless, IoT, machine learning, artificial intelligence, data analytics, etc. Duties include:
• Creating and maintaining code documentation
• Writing unit tests
• Debugging issues and fixing bugs
• Deploying software into the production environment
4. AWS DevOps Engineer
With the growing demand for automation, it has become imperative for companies to adopt DevOps practices. So if you want to make a good living by helping others build great things, this is the right place for you. As a DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for automating processes and infrastructure management. You will be expected to manage multiple AWS accounts, create automated scripts, and deploy them to servers.
• Automate all aspects of operations, including deployment, configuration management, testing, release management, and monitoring
• Create and maintain automated scripts to perform tasks such as provisioning, patching, upgrading, scaling, backing up, restoring, and monitoring
• Evaluating vendor products and new technology alternatives
• Conducting test before pre-production of vendor products
• Recommending improvements for the architectural processes
• Securing the cloud systems
5. AWS Security Specialist
This is one of those career options where you will learn from experts and gain real-world skills about cloud security. You will be required to analyze threats and vulnerabilities and find ways to mitigate risks. You will understand that data protection is not the only item that requires security, as other areas need checking. These areas include network systems, governance and compliance, disaster recovery & business continuity, user access mechanisms, and monitoring event management. Here is the job description:
• Identify potential security risks and vulnerabilities
• Find ways to prevent attacks
• Monitor and analyze logs and events
• Provide guidance and recommendations on how to improve security posture
• Conduct inspections, audits, and reviews in your area of responsibility and ensure compliance with AWS security standards and policies.
• Communicate to the team about awareness of security policies and procedures
The benefits of cloud computing have seen a shift in business trends as more companies embrace the technology. Today no company can match Amazon Web Services in cloud computing. Hence the high demand for AWS certified professionals.