PDF is a widely used file type to share documents on the internet primarily because they work efficiently on all operating systems without distorting the contents. Also, the PDF files are challenging to hamper. Almost every OS now has a PDF reader to open PDF files quickly.
However, if you want to improve your PDF reading experience, you need a powerful PDF program. If you’re looking for the best PDF reader for Mac, then here is a list of the five best.
What does a PDF Reader do?
Most PDF readers allow you to view PDF files easily. However, if you go for sophisticated software, it enables you to edit, annotate, convert and do anything you can with other document formats. PDF readers can boost business productivity by streamlining and improving your document management flow.
Some of the things a PDF reader can do are:
- Read, edit, create, and organize PDF files.
- Create fillable PDF forms.
- Combine multiple PDF files in one document.
Convert PDF files to Excel, Word, JPG or other file formats.
- Secure confidential documents by encrypting or password protecting the PDF files.
- Collaborate and approve PDF files.
- Sign PDFs, perform OCR scans, and digitize paper documents.
- Automate digitization of files to go paperless and manage documents.
5 Best PDF Readers for Mac in 2022
UPDF for Mac
UPDF is a free PDF reader and editor for Mac with a user-friendly interface. The program has intuitive navigation and annotation tools to highlight text directly and add text boxes, shapes, and other elements to PDF. It enables you to edit text and images in PDF files. With the tool, you can edit the original text’s font and size without compromising the PDF file’s quality. You can edit, resize, replace, reposition, copy, delete, and crop the images with the snap-to guidelines.
Extract PDF pages, reorder, replace, rotate, delete, or add new pages. What’s more, with UPDF, you can quickly convert PDF to Word, CSV, Excel, RTF, PowerPoint, HTML, Image, Text, XML, and PDF/A without compromising the layout and the format of the document. It is why it is the best PDF reader for Mac.
- Edit text, correct typos, and modify phrases.
- Resize, rotate, and format images easily.
- Highlight, underline, and strikethrough the files.
- Convert PDF to various file formats.
- Sign and edit PDF pages.
- User-friendly and intuitive interface.
- No Ads.
- supports editing text and images in a PDF across all platforms.
- Convert PDFs with OCR.
- Read and annotate PDFs easily.
Preview for Mac
Preview is an elegant and straightforward PDF reader Mac. Preview allows you to combine PDFs and reorder, add, and delete pages. With a click of a button, the app takes your PDF document full screen for an ideal reading and viewing experience. The app has tools for adding text and images, making freehand drawings, redacting content, inserting sticky notes, capturing your signature, and much more.
- Fill out and sign PDF forms.
- Password protects PDF documents.
- Combine PDFs and transfer pages from one PDF to another.
- Convert image files to various file types.
- Share PDFs with other iCloud users.
- Supports form filling.
- Protect PDFs with encryption, passwords, and permission controls.
- No option to edit the text in PDF.
Kdan PDF Reader
Kdan PDF reader has powerful features that let you view the PDF files and edit them. It enables you to convert and sign PDF documents quickly. The PDF reader Mac has a smooth page scrolling and allows you to change the page background to day or night to reduce eye strain.
- Convert PDF files to editable formats.
- Sign contracts and agreements with e-signature.
- Has slideshow mode to present PDFs.
- Various PDF management tools.
- Easy to use.
- Text editing limited.
Foxit PDF Reader
Foxit PDF reader for Mac offers a comprehensive set of capabilities for reading PDF files. It allows editing the PDF files by adding headers, footers, and watermarks. You can also optimize, categorize, and sign PDFs.
- Fill and sign PDFs across mobile, web, and desktop.
- Create PDF forms.
- Add images, videos, and file attachments for easy collaboration on PDFs.
Compatible with all file types
Several cloud tools are available
The free version has limited editing tools
Power PDF is a feature-rich PDF reader for Mac that is compatible with any PDF file. This PDF reader Mac has features like adding text, images, OCR technology, text highlighting, links, and a user-friendly interface.
- Has PDF editing tools for annotating PDFs and editing text/images.
- Convert PDF files to other formats.
- Integrates with your workflow to optimize productivity.
- Quickly opens any PDF file.
- Powerful text editing features.
- Expensive advanced version.
Reading and editing PDFs on Mac is no more an impossible task with the PDF reader Mac. Various readers are available, but UPDF is the best PDF reader for Mac. The easy-to-use tool has multiple powerful tools to easily view and edit PDF files. Share this article to any social media with the tag #UPDFgiveaway and send screenshots to [email protected]. You will get a 3-Month free license for UPDF.
Visit for more page