It is a changed world today for enterprise-level businesses. An Accenture report finds only 12 percent of businesses are geared up for smooth operations. On the one hand, many businesses have laid off staff and, on the other, work has shifted to the distributed model. Conflate this with the way enterprises operate with their head office in one location, manufacturing in another, and sales in yet another and you have a scenario with communication and operational road bumps all over. One way to overcome this is to use inbound call center software, quite a step up from the IP PBX that businesses normally use.
Operational efficiency through seamless communication
Managers are focused on efficiencies and for this communications are just as important as data intelligence and insights. 76 percent of executives are of the opinion that enterprises must restructure customer experiences referenced to a more human rather than coldly professional way according to an Accenture Technology Vision 2020 report. Being accessible and being able to give quick responses is part of the customer experience. The call center software, with its inbound automatic call distribution and skill-based mapping, enables routing of an inbound call to the right person in the right department with minimal wait times for callers. A typical scenario is for a business to receive a call at its 1-800 number at its head office. The caller may wish to speak to someone in sales located in another city or to someone in a production unit which is in another location.
The inbound call center software based on how it is configured seamlessly transfers the call, and, if required, even permits three-way collaborative conferencing. Your customer gets desired answers during the first call instead of the usual “let me call you back” or “I will get so-and-so to call you” sort of scenario. Then you have to worry about follow-up as to what happened to the customer and his query. Here, when you use the call center software you know the outcome. The call distribution feature reaches out to the right person even though they are not in the office, using the mobility extension.
It is a way to know about the performance and their working capacity to monitor them, so there are lots of tools and tricks available online and offline. tracking employee productivity Work plus, time tracking, and PC monitor are some of the amazing ways to check and report the employees on a business day.
Centralizing distributed working
It might appear to be a contradiction in terms but the inbound call center software facilitates distributed working and reaching out to the right person regardless of their location, and, at the same time, permits centralization of communication. Here is how the call center software assists.
- A centralized CRM database to maintain contact list and call data records as well as recording means key managers have access to all the desired information that can be input to the analytics and reporting section of the software. This helps managers know exactly what is going on and what bottlenecks need to be resolved.
- Staying connected for team members who must work collaboratively is easy enough considering that the software permits WebRTC audio-video calls and conferencing between team members. There are no knowledge gaps. Sales people, for instance, know about the production stage and can inform customers about the right delivery schedule, for example. You could extend contact center software to include vendor chain so that production people do not face any inventory issues. And all this data is available right at the core of operations even as remotely placed people are “in the know.”
- Then there is the IVR, possibly the first contact point for callers. This too is centralized with the CRM helping to deliver resolution to normal queries. At the same time, it can help route calls to any employee in any location if a caller so wishes.
- You could easily reorganize working to form a central lead response team and distributed teams to manage tasks and workforce comprises of in-office and work from home employees. Better coordination smoothes working and improves internal cohesiveness leading to better operations in production and sales.
- If you opt for omnichannel call center software with social media integration you take resilience and collaboration to higher levels and get instant feedback. You can be on top of the situation while keeping customers happy through their preferred channel of communication. There is resilient agility in the system that helps employees anywhere pick the right technology and channel to interact and achieve results.
- Yet another benefit is that employees are not saddled with calls not meant for them and can focus on their work while attending responsibly to calls that they are supposed to take care of.
The Best Enterprise resource planning software thing to do in these changed circumstances is to go for hosted multi-tenant call center software that will provide a solid communication base to connected distributed operations, maintain the individuality of locations and yet offer centralized control. Revamping communication technology lays the foundation for enhanced enterprise-level operational efficiency and the starting point is the call center software.