Top 5 Low Maintenance Bikes by Hero Motors
Budget buyers always look for two-wheelers that are fall their set budget but the most crucial aspect of maintenance is often overlooked. Many automobile companiesoffer bikes that are affordable and are covered under commuter’s segment but it is very rare to find stats on their maintenance which again consumes a major share from a buyer’s pocket. An exception to this, hero bikes in terms of purchase as well as servicing are now a great catch. Regular filter change, oil change, or replacement of spark plugs is more than enough for the owner of these bikes to assure that the bike remains in optimum running condition for years to come.
As per statistics, in the financial year 2021 Hero MotoCorp sold around 5.8 million units of Hero bikes which is a good spike. The regular bike maintenance,on an average, is done after running the bike for around 5,000 to 20,000 miles, and costs approx. $1,000 a year. As per the valve adjustment, one is expected to pay anywhere between $800 and $1,500 per month. When it comes to fuel efficiency and reliability in Hero bikes, Hero Motors offers a collection of good mileageand low maintenance.
Top most Low-Maintenance Hero Bikes in India:
There are many leading online platforms like D room that facilitates exchange, buying and selling of bikes within a few simple clicks. It sports a long list of bike listings from almost every Indian motor brand, out of which Hero bikes are widely searched for by maximum user base. Some of the topmost best mileage and low maintenance Hero bike models are enlisted below:
- Hero Splendor Plus: Rated at one of the top spots that fall under top 10 low maintenance bikes, Hero Splendor Plus is offered in six variants and is equipped with a carburetted motor and patent XSense Technology. It pledges a mileage of 65kmpl to 81kmpl and is tagged with an ex-showroom price of INR 54,800. Its maintenance cost for 2 years stands around INR 1400.
- Hero Glamour FI: Available in two variations, namely carburetion or fuel injection, this is another popular addition in the commuter bike segment. Powered by a single-cylinder engine, it generates around 11.5bhp power and comes with a torque of 11.5Nm. It also features a front disc brake, split-spoke alloy wheels, semi-digital instrument cluster, and a fuel consumption indicator. It is tagged with a price of INR 70,950 with its maintenance cost as low as INR 1,600.
- Hero HF Deluxe: This bike model is powered with a 97cc engine featuring 2-valve head that churns up to max output of 7.91bhp at 8000rpm. It sports drum brake setup at both sides and comes with analogue instruments such as a speedometer, fuel gauge, and odometer. Offered in 2 variants,kick-start and electric start with alloy wheels, it is extremely cheap on maintenance and carries a price tag of INR48,950.
- Hero Splendor i Smart: Next in line is Hero Splendor i Smart which has a bigger engine and sports much more advanced technology. With high end fuel efficiency, it features Hero’s patented i3S technology which works on saving fuel by turning off the engine when the bike is at a halt for a longer time period. Being a Hero offering, the Splendor i Smart also requires low maintenance. It suits the Indian market owing to its good suspension set up which is yet another reason why its maintenance cost is so low.Its ex-showroom price is approx. INR 65,950.
- Hero Passion Pro: Last but certainly not the least, Hero Passion Pro is a popular model that is always recommended to buyers looking for low maintenance commuter motorcycle in India. Equipped with premium design and features, Hero Passion Pro gives great fuel economy of 60 kmpl and sports a fuel tank with 10 litres capacity,running for approx.600 km in one tankful. Passion Pro is also a low maintenance motorcycle which makes it an ideal pick for everyday commuting needs. This feature-loaded Hero bike comes at an ex-showroom price of INR 66,500.
In case you are looking for more options in used bike segment and wish to have a quick price comparison on online portals and explore a wide range of two wheelers.